What is my username and password?
- Username Considerations
- Password Considerations
- Why is my login and password combination rejected?
- How can I change my password?
'Username' can also be referred to as 'login', 'account name', 'screen name', 'user name', or 'login name'...
This username is not assigned until you actually sign up and order your service with Earthnet. Most of the time, you, as a customer, pick the username that you want during the signup process, unless it is already assigned to another customer.
Your username is your full email address.
The password is also chosen by the customer during the signup process. It can also be randomly generated and assigned by Earthnet, if you request us to do so.
Earthnet usernames CANNOT contain any special character, including dots, exclamation points, hyphens (dashes), slashes, underscores, dollar sign, ampersand, etc...
Here are some example of invalid usernames: john_smith, john.smith, john$mith, john&smith...
Usernames have to be all lowercase. You cannot use any uppercase letter in your username. For example, JSmith or johnSmith would not be valid usernames.
However, if your username is johnsmith, you can write your email address with uppercase letters if you wish, like JohnSmith@earthnet.net (mail servers ignore the case).
Usernames are case-sensitive, which means that if you have to enter your username in your email program, in your DSL modem or on your dialup connection page, it will have to be all lowercase. If you type your username with some letters uppercase, it probably won't work.
Unlike usernames, passwords can contain any kind of characters, including dots, dashes, dollar signs, etc. Special characters are actually recommended to make strong passwords. Earthnet also recommends to choose passwords that are at least 6 characters long.
The password should be something you can remember, but something that is secure.
Secure passwords have a combination of uppercase and lowercase letters, numbers, and at least one special character (like ^, &, $, !, @, etc.).
Earthnet now requires all passwords to obey these requirements:
YOUR PASSWORD NEEDS TO CONTAIN AT LEAST
- 1 UPPERCASE LETTER (A to Z)
- AND 1 lowercase letter (a to z)
- AND 3 numbers (0 to 9)
- AND 1 special character (!, @, #, $, %, ^, &, *, etc.)
- AND IT NEEDS TO CONTAIN AT LEAST 8 CHARACTERS
Once you have chosen a password, either make sure it is something you can remember, or write it down in a safe place where only you have access to it.
Why is my login and password combination rejected?
Follow the steps below to make sure that your username and password information is correct.
- Make sure your username and password are spelled correctly. It is common to put a zero in place of the letter O, and vice versa.
- Make sure everything is capitalized properly. Both the username and the password are CaSe SeNsItIvE. USERNAMES ARE ALWAYS LOWERCASE!
- If you don't type your password every time, make sure its still in the password box.
- If you are having problems logging in to your email, a common mistake is to use your entire email address in the username field. This is incorrect, you must use the username that was assigned to you.
- If you are still having problems, try to restart your computer. Sometimes this will help your modem or email program reset itself.
- Call Earthnet Technical Support at 303-546-6362 or open a trouble ticket.
How can I change my password?
If you know your current password, you can change it to something different.
You can also call us at 303 546 6362 to have us update your password for you. We will need to verify your identity by asking you some personal questions about your account, so please gather all the documentation you can before you call.