How to configure your DSL modem - ZOOM Modems - DYNAMIC IP (Default)
These instructions will help you configure your Zoom modem with a dynamic IP address.
Click here if your modem is not a Zoom modem.
STEP 1 - LOG ON TO THE WEB INTERFACE OF YOUR MODEM
Open your web browser, and type the following address in the address bar: http://10.0.0.2
If your modem connects to your computer through a USB cable, try http://10.0.0.3 instead.
You will be prompted for a modem access password.
Enter the following login and password:
username : admin
password : zoomadsl
STEP 2 - CONFIGURE YOUR MODEM
Once you entered your logon information, a basic setup page will be displayed.
- If the option is available, choose to configure the modem manually
- If there is a dropdown box for “connection”, select “enabled” from the dropdown menu (as opposed to “disabled”)
- For ‘protocol’ and ‘encapsulation’, choose PPPoA VC-MUX (depending on the modem, this may be just one box called ‘encapsulation’)
- Enter 0 for VPI and 32 for VCI
- Enter your Earthnet username and password
- Click the “Save Changes” button at the bottom of the screen
- Click “Write to Flash” and click 'Confirm' if prompted.
The modem will restart. When it is done, try to surf the internet.
If you encounter any problems, all the modem documentation for all models is located at